Broaden your engineering education with another innovative field of engineering outside of your major. You will learn about the applications and systems in areas that will greatly enhance your skill set and college education. Meet students in other majors who may someday serve to be strategic business contacts and discover the world beyond where opportunities and adventure await to be explored.
In the College of Engineering, prior to enrolling in a minor a student must consult with the appropriate department chairperson to select the courses most appropriate to his/her background and career goals.
Contact Information for each Department Chair:
- Hemant Pendse – Chemical and Biological Engineering, email@example.com, 581-2277
- Bill Davids – Civil and Environmental Engineering, William_Davids@umit.maine.edu, 581-2170
- Donald Hummels – Electrical and Computer Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org, 581-2233
- David Batuski – Physics & Astronomy/Engineering Physics, email@example.com, 581-1015
- Eric Landis – Mechanical Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org, 581-2143
- Scott Dunning – School of Engineering Technology, email@example.com, 581-2349
Minors are open to students who have completed; mathematics through differential equations; a year of physics and at least one course in Chemistry along with the prerequisites required for the individual engineering courses.
College-wide minors are open to all engineering students; however, students cannot receive a minor offered by their major department.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Construction Management Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Engineering Entrepreneurial
- Engineering Leadership and Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Innovation Engineering (university wide & not under the COE)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nanotechnology – NEW for Fall 2013
- Power Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Renewable Energy Engineering
- Renewable Energy Science & Technology
- Survey Engineering Technology
Click here for the latest summary of all of the minors on one flyer – Minors Sept. 2012
The source for this information is the Undergraduate Catalog, where you can find further information on courses for each minor – online at http://catalog.umaine.edu